Highlights: Happy, unboxing video is posted, amount of content for the price (just $95 to earlier Gamefound users), delivery, sleeved cards, Late Pledges, sleeves, components, reprint, language edition, player mats, 2nd wave, picking up English Edition, add-ons, new backers, retail
The Monday Marcin Q&A has finished but was recorded so you can watch it at any time. Highlights and Summary are below the video as usual:
ISS Vanguard Summary and Highlights:
- 0:50 – Marcin was really happy about ISS Vanguard at the start of his Q&A. He said it is Absolutely Spectacular! All the components are looking good!
- 1:45 – Marcin let everyone know that he did the unboxing video and it is posted. He is so proud of this game AND the whole team that worked on it. It is trending to be Awaken Realms best game yet. They put a lot of effort into all aspects of the game including, gameplay, the campaign portion, the cooperation aspect, the components (are crazy). In general, the deal you are getting (as backers) with the amount of content for the price is off the charts. For a Hundred Dollar box or just $95 for those earliest Gamefound users [via the $5 discount]. It’s a crazy good amount of stuff. It was so much extra time and everything. The level of art, the level of story… as you can see “I’m excited” (said Marcin:)
- 3:00 – Delivery: About two months before the game will be arriving for backers. It should be a really unforgettable adventure.
- 3:20 – Q: Will sleeved cards fit in the insert? A: No, not in the insert because there are just too many cards. The sleeves provided by Awaken Realms are designed to work well with the crew rank sleeves and the card holders in the Ship Book binder. There is a separate box for sleeved cards just like how they did it with Etherfields and Tainted Grail. Increasing the game box size so that the cards would fit would then increase the shipping costs for EVERYONE so that didn’t make sense.
- 4:20 – Q: Will a Pledge Manager be opened for first time pledges? A: It will be open for Late Pledges, but only after people have gotten their games from the first wave. [Len’s note: it did not sound like it would be for first time pledges by how he answered]
- 4:40 – Q: Since there are several different size cards, will sleeves ordered be for all of them? A: Not sure, but that should be the case.
- 5:10 – Q: The unboxing video gave me some doubts about the components. A: Marcin wondered which components he was referring to and would be happy to discuss it.
- 5:55 Q: The unboxing was fantastic A: Yeah, it’s a really good game… the whole box and the amount of everything plus the art, it’s just so good! For example, when he opened the space maps [System Maps book] and looked at the planets, the art … it was so creative and unique … Science Fiction but with elements of science in it. And then the Planetopedia which is where you can land on the various planets. And then there’s the Ship Book with all the things you can find in it.
- 6:45 – Q: Will there be a reprint? A: Right now it will be Late Pledged.
- 6:55 – Q: Any estimates for language edition (especially Polish)? A: No estimates yet, but the translation has started. It’s a lot of text … 80% more text than Tainted Grail. They should provide more on this in the official updates.
- 8:55 – Q: Can you use the dual layer player boards on the neoprene player mats? A: Yes, it should work.
- 9:20 – Q: How long before 2nd Wave is ready? A: There is still a lot of content to be developed. They have started working on it already. If the Core Box was delayed, he expects that the 2nd Wave would be as well. They will know more once the 1st wave game is arriving at backers homes. The first part was A LOT OF DEVELOPMENT, so it might be the same for the second part. Watch for a full update on this after the first wave is being delivered.
- 12:45 – In two weeks (middle of July) they will be picking up ISS Vanguard English editions.
- 15:05 – Q: Will it be possible to buy add-ons later (boxes, dice etc)? A: Yes. And you then will get it during the 2nd Wave.
- 24:05: Q: Did I hear correctly that the Pledge Manager will reopen for new backers? A: Yes, there will be a Late Pledge [Len’s note: not sure yet if this means open for someone who did not pledge at all yet]
- 24:30 – Q: Can a Language Edition order (pledge) be change to include sundrop? A: For language editions, yes, there is a chance. English Edition, no because it has already been produced.
- 25:25 – Q: Will we be able to add Wave 1 items (dice, playmats, personnel files) to wave 2 shipping? A: Yes, it should be possible.
- 27:30 – Q: Will it be in retail? A: Yes, it should be, but a significantly higher price than the Gamefound cost.
Click => Awaken Realms Videos page
Click => Full 3 Column Site
Leave a Polite Comment